- 1 Description
- 2 Ability
- 3 Biography
- 4 Quotes
- 5 Set Information
- 6 Background Information
- 7 Trivia
- 8 Behind the Scenes
- 9 Gallery
- 10 Appearances
- 11 Sources and References
- 12 External links
Zaptor is a very quirky Electroid. He loves to lighten the mood with his jokes and is easily distracted by his love of Hamlogna Sandwiches, which can also blind him from the feelings of others. He cares about the environment, but has a tendency to focus on fixing a single matter and ignoring the consequences of fixing it in the end.
Zaptor is mostly yellow in color. His body also acts as his face and is long and oval-like. He has an eye on each sides of his face and a pronounced jaw with three sharp teeth that point upwards. On top of his head is a Tesla coil with three discs cutting through it and two purplish-blue lightning bolts on top. His arms are fairly short and slender and are yellow in color with grey accents. His hands are standard yellow pincers. His legs are fairly long and bowed with a grey accent on the bottom of each of them. His feet are yellow and fairly small, with two yellow toes on each of them.
He can store up a large amount of electricity and use it to power up his Tesla coil in a large electric blast.
Calling All Mixels
- Blinding Flash: Emit a large beam of electricity, stunning all enemies within range.
- Dance Party: Throw out a disco ball and attracts all nearby enemies to it.
- Overcharge: Charge up an enemy with so much electricity that it starts damaging other enemies.
Little is known about Zaptor's early life. However, he managed to gain a taste for hamlogna sandwiches, loving them enough to make them his favorite food.
While enjoying Cookironis with the other Mixels, he ended up fighting for the last one. When Vulk ended up with it, he zapped him into a rock to retrieve it, though ended up scared off when the Cragsters ended up Maxing and chased him. His brothers ended up coming to his rescue and the three of them Maxed as well. When the Infernites Max was formed, all three of them fought for the cookironi, but it ended up destroyed. However, when they saw a Nixel with a box to himself, they all gave chase. ("Cookironi")
Due to a miscommunication, Seismo and Shuff thought that Zaptor and the other Electroids were planning to sacrifice Krader, while in reality, they were doing a ritual for their Electroid Annual Dance Party. The Cragsters joined in on the party, and both tribes Maxed to compete in a dance contest. ("Electrorock")
While telling jokes with Vulk and while walking, he accidentally came across a pothole by falling into it. As he described how dangerous it is and how it ruined the landscape (while accidentally pushing Vulk into it two times), they decided to Mix and fix it, succeeding in doing that, yet also taking the environment with it. ("Pothole")
When Teslo was teaching him and Volectro on how many Electroids it takes to change a light bulb, the single light bulb keeping the room illuminated broke. Despite being scared at first, he helped look for a light bulb, though only found a hamlogna sandwich, and asks if it will help. Eventually, he Maxed using the Cubit Volectro had found to use the light bulb that Teslo found. ("Changing a Light Bulb")
He found himself up against a swarm of Nixels alongside his brothers. They Maxed to fend off the Nixels. ("Electroids MAX!")
He somehow managed to replace one of Shuff's Cubits with a Hamlogna Sandwich. ("Wrong Colors")
While at the Hamlogna Conveyer Belt, he got too impatient with the speed the sandwiches were coming out, so he cranked the speed up, unaware that Lunk and Tentro were now struggling to make them. Eventually, they Mixed and provided a huge pile of sandwiches, which Zaptor was ready to eat, only for Jawg to get to them first. ("Hamlogna Conveyer Belt Madness")
During the annual Mix Festival, he was in charge of the Hamlogna Sandwiches. While the Flain & Teslo Mix commented on his sandwich eating skills, he denied that he was eating any (as he slowly grabbed one). Eventually, he gave into his cravings and ate all of the sandwiches, which angered his brothers. Later, he was Nixed by the Mega Nixel Mixel Nixer, but was later returned to normal. ("Epic Comedy Adventure")
Zaptor, at some point, received a Mixamajig Key and was one of almost all of the Mixels who searched and fought for the Mixamajig, and then captured by King Nixel. He Maxed with his branch of the Electroids in order to defeat him, and Mixopolis was revealed by the Weldos soon after.("A Quest for the Lost Mixamajig")
- "So then, he says "Don't take any wooden Nixels!" - Zaptor, Pothole
- "WHO PUT THIS POTHOLE HEEEERRRRE?! This is a serious safety hazzzzzzard! I just fell in it! Like this! Do de do do do do do do... Wah! Even you could fall in it! Like this! Every Mixel, young and old, is at risk! And furthermore, an unzzzightly blemished to our beautiful and precious, to-be-protected landzzzzcape!" - Zaptor, Pothole
- "Well, look at that! No more pothole! We fixed it! - Zaptor, Pothole
- "Hey, I found a Hamlogna Sandwich! Will this help?" - Zaptor, Changing a Light Bulb
- "Sandwiches! SA-HANWICHES!! ...Sandwiches?" - Zaptor, Hamlogna Conveyer Belt Madness
- "I love Mixel Park! Perfect place for a quiet – AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!" - Zaptor, Murp Romp
- "Me too. I'm the Chozzzzen One!" - Zaptor, A Quest for the Lost Mixamajig
LEGO Shop product description
Blast the Nixels with the living lightning rod that is ZAPTOR!
Up for anything, ZAPTOR is the super-charged adrenaline junkie of the Electroids, a quirky tribe of Mixels who live high up in the mountainous forest close to the lightning storms that power them. Capable of releasing massive blasts of energy and blinding light, ZAPTOR can give his friends sunburn. They would prefer it if this living lightning rod of a Mixel directed those high voltage blasts at the Nixels!
- Features translucent electricity bolts and poseable joints
- Collect all three Mixels in the Electroid tribe to build the super Mixel tribe combo
- Combine with 41505 SHUFF from the LEGO® Mixels™ Cragster tribe for a quirky mixed-up Mixel
- Go to LEGO.com/mixels for exclusive building instructions, animations, wallpapers and much more
- Watch all your favorite Mixel characters on Cartoon Network
- Play the game available for iOS and Android
- Stands over 5” (13cm) tall
Get super-charged and blast the Nixels with ZAPTOR, one of three lightning-energized Electroids in LEGO® Mixels™ Series 1!
Zaptor's in-booklet code for Calling All Mixels is 1GH7N1NGROD, which is LightningRod when decoded. Once entered, it will unlock 25 Cubits and Overcharge.
- In various media, his name is often used for Teslo and vice versa.
- He represents January in the Mixels: 2015 Wall Calendar.
- Zaptor has the tallest LEGO model, thanks to his lightning rod.
- His Tesla coil is used to electrocute. It can also be used as a flashlight in certain situations. It is somewhat flexible and can bend down when he is upset.
- His tongue's color alternates from yellow and grey variously.
- He shocks himself the most out of all of the Electroids.
- His favorite food are Hamlogna Sandwiches, and he gets excited when he is around them.
- Potholes irritate him, and if he finds a pothole, he will go into a long rant. He also hates harm towards the environment in general.
- He and Vulk are best friends, and like to exchange jokes between one another.
- He and Zorch were the only Series 1 Mixels that did not appear in Murp.
- Both he and Volectro appear to be afraid of the dark, as shown in Changing a Light Bulb.
Behind the Scenes
Name and basis
Zaptor's name is a pun on the onomatopoeic word, "zap", or possibly a combination of that and "raptor".
Zaptor was originally almost all one shade of yellow.
Zaptor debuted in the TV series on February 12, 2014 in Cookironi, while his LEGO set officially became available on March 1 with the rest of Series 1.
- Main article: Zaptor/Gallery
Sources and References
- Products page on LEGO.com (Wayback Machine Archive)
- Character page on LEGO.com (Wayback Machine Archive)
- Instructions on LEGO.com (Archive)
- Murp with Shuff instructions on LEGO.com (Archive)
- Electroids Max instructions on LEGO.com (Archive)
Mountain City (Techno Valley / Teslo's House / Classroom) / Electric Trees / Lightbulb Sun / Astrowhisk / Bubble Busters / Shockotrons / Neon Noodle / Kaboombox / Beel