|Last Appearance||A Quest for the Lost Mixamajig|
|Special Features||Heated fingers|
|Quote||"Oh, sorry guys..."|
|Voice Actor||Jess Harnell|
|Game Abilities|| Hyper Hotfoot (default)|
Kablammo (level 5)
Magma Mist (level 10)
Vulk is dim-witted, but lovable. He often makes mistakes, and he is very clumsy, but his lovable personality often makes him forgiven. He is known to love jokes, and is helpful and friendly to all Mixels. He is a little bit soft-spoken and his voice is often a little quiet, but he is still a reliable Mixel.
Vulk is mostly red. He has a small head with well-defined lips that have three fangs pointing upwards. He has a stocky body that tapers downwards. He is cycloptic, so he has a single eye. On top of his head are two black cat-like ears. His arms are light grey and fairly long, with dark grey hands with three burning orange fingers on each and two dark red slopes on top of each. His legs are dark grey and fairly short, with tall red feet with two dark red toes on each foot.
His fingers can light whatever they touch on fire or heat them up to the point where they explode. If clapping, he can create an explosion.
Vulk may be a bit strong, once he sent Shuff flying with a single punch. He seems to be a bit durable, as right after he sent Shuff flying, he got hit by an electrical blast from Zaptor that sent him flying into a rock with no harm done to him.
Due to being an Infernite, Vulk has incredible heat resistance, being able to take a bath and shower in lava and use a Living Flame as a back scrubber with no negative effects or visible pain.
Calling All Mixels
- Hyper Hotfoot: Vulk puts his hands on the ground and superheats the ground in front of him until it catches enemies on fire, burning away at any enemy who steps on it..
- Kablammo: Vulk claps his hands together, creating an explosion, damaging and knocking back all nearby enemies.
- Magma Mist: Vulk creates a shower of molten mist, healing all Mixels nearby.
If Vulk isn't careful, he may hurt himself with his own explosions, as seen on Mixels.com, where he makes a rock explode and the explosion ends up burning him.
Little is known about Vulk's early life. However, it is known that he previously experienced a clogged lava shower.
He fought with other Mixels for a single Cookironi, managing to get it away from Shuff, only to lose it to Zaptor. Eventually, he and the other Infernites Maxed to defend it from the Cragsters Max and Electroids Max, only for the cookironi to end up breaking in the confusion. However, they then spied a Nixel with a whole box to himself, and all gave chase. ("Cookironi")
During a lava shower, the pipes managed to clog. He went to Flain and Zorch for help, as Teslo and Krader were set to come over for ice cream later. Flain suggested they Max, and they managed to fix the pipes by blowing out the clog. This made it travel through the pipes to burn Teslo's mouth and Krader's rear, who were both using the water system at the time. They ended up confronting Vulk, and he made up for it by giving them ice cream. ("Hot Lava Shower")
He and Zaptor once came across a pothole on the road after Zaptor fell into it while telling jokes. Vulk managed to get pushed into it a few times thanks to Zaptor's cluelessness, but gave the suggestion that the two of them create a Mix to fix it. They managed to fix the pothole, but destroyed the environment in the process. ("Pothole")
After Slumbo got ice cream in his barbecue, he was at first angry, but ended up finding the ensuing combination delicious. He ended up Mixing with him to create Bar-B-Cubes and set up a roadside stand to sell them, competing with Krader and Volectro. Gobba ended up their first customer, and they gave him free samples, but each stand kept competing for his business. This ended up overloading Gobba with too many free samples, causing him to fill up without buying anything. ("Bar-B-Cubes")
Vulk was one of almost all of the Mixels who searched and fought for the Mixamajig, and then captured by King Nixel. He Maxed with his branch of the Infernites in order to defeat him, and Mixopolis was revealed by the Weldos soon after. ("A Quest for the Lost Mixamajig")
- "Hey guys! The lava shower's clogged again! Teslo and Krader are comin' over for ice cream, and we've gots to do something about that faucet!" - Vulk, Hot Lava Shower.
- "Let's Mix it to fix it." - Vulk, Pothole
- "Uh..well..heh...uh...um...well...I'm busy." - Vulk, Rockball
- "Hey! You got ice cubes in my barbecue!" - Vulk, Bar-B-Cubes
- "S'cuse me, Lunk!" - Vulk, Elevator
- "THAT WAS AMAZING! I LOVED IT!" - Vulk, Murp Romp
|No. of Pieces||69|
The set includes a Nixel.
LEGO Shop product description
Melt mountains with the sizzling hands of VULK!
One-eyed VULK is the strong but dim-witted member of the red-hot tribe of Infernites which live in the magma wastelands near the planet’s core. The scorching-hot hands of VULK can melt escape routes through solid rock and fend off Nixels… just stay clear of this loyal and goofy Mixel’s super-hot high-fives!
- Features translucent, fiery hands and poseable joints
- Collect all three Mixels in the Infernite tribe to build the super Mixel tribe combo
- Go to LEGO.com/mixels for exclusive building instructions, animations, wallpapers and much more
- Watch all your favorite Mixel characters on Cartoon Network
- Play the game available for iOS and Android
- Stands over 2” (6cm) tall
Put the heat on the nasty Nixels with the red-hot hands of VULK, one of three quirky, creative Infernites in LEGO® Mixels™ Series 1!
Vulk's in-booklet code for Calling All Mixels is F1REF1N8RS, which is FireFingers when decoded.
- He is second in line standing on the "Mixels" logo. However, some versions of the logo replace him with Flain, such as the one on the back of the Mixels: 2015 Wall Calendar.
- He is in the Cartoon Network Studios logo at the end of airings of some of the shorts in European countries, with headphones and a rainbow Cubit, shouting "REMIX!" (on the video). This was also shown at the end of Mixed Up Special and further half-hour episodes.
- He and the rest of 2014 Infernites members represent January in the Mixels: 2016 Wall Calendar.
- He is similar to Flamzer, as both are cycloptic Infernites who come with a Nixel in their sets.
- When he is scared, harmed, or surprised, he lets out a high pitched scream.
- Surprisingly, in the Japanese dubs of episodes, he uses the pronoun "ore", which is stereotypically used for tough and confident males.
- He is best friends with Zaptor. Along with Zaptor, he is friends with Teslo and Krader as shown in Hot Lava Shower.
- He is shown to be the only Mixel who likes the Wiztastics' shows.
- There is an error in his instructions where after Step 9 where a hinge piece is put on, it disappears in Step 10. It appears again in Step 11.
Behind the Scenes
Name and basis
Vulk's name comes from Vulcan, the Roman god of fire and volcanoes. It could also just come from the word "volcano".
Vulk debuted in the TV series on February 12, 2014 in Coconapple, while his LEGO set officially became available on March 1 with the rest of Series 1.
Vulk also appears in the mobile app game Calling All Mixels, released on March 4, 2014 for iOS and April 2, 2014 for Android.
- Main article: Vulk/Gallery
Sources and References
- ↑ "Hot Lava Shower" - He is seen enjoying a lava shower, before the plumbing fails.
- ↑ "Hot Lava Shower" - He shares Ice Cream as a treat with Teslo and Krader after the plumbing is fixed.
- ↑ "Murp Romp"
- ↑ "Murp Romp" - He is seen loving the Wiztastics' magic shows at the end of the special.
- ↑ 
- ↑ 
- ↑ bzpower.com (Archive)
- ↑ Brickset - London Toy Fair (Archive)
- ↑ bzpower.com (Archive)
- Products page on LEGO.com (Archive)
- Character page on LEGO.com (Archive)
- Instructions on LEGO.com (Archive)
- Infernites Max instructions on LEGO.com (Archive)
Infernites Max (2014 / 2015)
Magma Wastelands (Volcanoville / Vulk's House) / Lava Lounge / Living Flames / Lava Slide / Vac-Hammer / Bonflowers / Lavanuts / Coconapple / Fire Sprinkler / Dragocat