|Featured Article |
This article was the Featured Article of the Month, meaning it is one of the best articles on the wiki!
|Last Appearance||Nixel, Nixel, Go Away|
|Nicknames (aka)||Under Achiever (Snoof)|
|Special Features||Static electricity hair|
Large hands with shocking nails
|Quote||"Hey! I found a Cubit!"|
|Voice Actor||Dave Smith|
|Game Abilities||Lightning Bolt (default)|
Static Cling (level 5)
Beam Blast (level 10)
- 1 Description
- 2 Abilities
- 3 Biography
- 4 Memorable Quotes
- 5 Set Information
- 6 Background Information
- 7 Trivia
- 8 Behind the Scenes
- 9 Video
- 10 Gallery
- 11 Appearances
- 12 Sources and References
- 13 External links
Volectro is the most hyper and energetic out of all the Electroids. He gets easily excited over various things. His volume control appears to be broken, as his voice shifts up and down between speaking and yelling regularly. He also has the tendency to laugh easily.
Volectro is mostly yellow in color. His face acts as a body as well. It is squarish and widens at the bottom. At the top of his head is a gold static-charged spiky haircut. He has two small eyes that are closed together and separated by a grey band. He has a prominent lip with two fangs that point downwards from it. His arms are yellow, jointed, and long. His hands are gold, with two fingers with purplish-blue fingernail tips. His legs are shorter and light grey, with gold boot-like feet with a single yellow point on the toes. He also includes a gold point at the back of his body.
His electrical fingers can electrocute whatever he touches, and his static hair can cause various objects to stick to him, with the drawback that he is unable to decide what sticks.
Calling All Mixels
- Lightning Bolt: Call down a lightning bolt to damage and stun enemies.
- Static Cling: Force all nearby enemies to attack you while you gain temporary invincibility.
- Beam Blast: Shoot a continuous beam of electricity, doing heavy damage for several seconds.
Little is known about Volectro's early life. However, he has managed to shock himself enough in the past to cause a spiky, static-charged hairdo.
At a party, he managed to get kidnapped by the Nixels, and had to be rescued to help rescue the other Mixels. ("Calling All Mixels")
While enjoying Cookironis with the other Mixels, he ended up realizing that Krader had the last one. He eventually joined with Teslo and Zaptor and Maxed for it, fighting against the Infernites Max and Cragsters Max. While the cookironi ended up broken in the process, they encounterd a Nixel with a box of them to himself, and they gave chase. ("Cookironi")
During a ritual for the Electroid Annual Dance Party, it appeared that he and his brothers were going to sacrifice Krader. After setting things straight with Shuff and Seismo, the Cragsters ended up joining their party. The Electroids eventually ended up Maxing together to compete in a dance contest. ("Electrorock")
During a lesson by Teslo on how many Electroids it takes to change a light bulb, he questioned when they would ever need to know this. As if fate, the light bulb illuminating the room shattered. Although afraid for a moment, he managed to find a Cubit, which the three of them used to Max to replace the light bulb that Teslo finds. ("Changing a Light Bulb")
He found himself up against a swarm of Nixels alongside his brothers. They Maxed to fend off the Nixels. ("Electroids MAX!")
He and Shuff were once chased by a Nixel army. Despite having a Cubit with him, it was the wrong colors. Flurr and Gobba ended up saving the two of them after they plummeted off of a cliff and helped stop the Nixels as well. ("Wrong Colors")
After accidentally belching his Zap Zaps into Krader's Rocks, he was at first nervous, but then ended up Mixing with him to create Rock Pops after the resulting combination is delicious. They made a stand to sell their food, and also to compete against Vulk and Slumbo's Bar-B-Cubes stand to make money from Gobba. In the process, they loaded Gobba up with so many free samples that he ended up being too full to make a purchase. ("Bar B Cubes")
During the annual Mix Festival, he grew angry at Zaptor for eating all of the Hamlogna Sandwiches, to the point he declared that he ruined the festival. Later, he got Nixed by the Mega Nixel Mixel Nixer, but was later brought back to normal. ("Epic Comedy Adventure")
He, Flain, Seismo, Slumbo, Chomly and Kraw were arguing about who should use a Cubit, while a Nixel was sneaking up on them. Volectro got upset over the argument, causing his body to have a higher electric pull than normal. The Nixel became stuck to Volectro's hair, and Volectro decided to keep the Nixel as a pet. ("LEGO Mixels: Activity Book")
Volectro was one of almost all of the Mixels who searched and fought for the Mixamajig, and then captured by King Nixel. He Maxed with his branch of the Electroids in order to defeat him, and Mixopolis was revealed by the Weldos soon after. ("A Quest for the Lost Mixamajig")
- "I LOVE COOKIRONIS!" - Volectro, Cookironi
- "Yeah! We're just preparing for the annual Electroid danzzzzzzzzzze party! AHAHAHA!" - Volectro, Electrorock
- "KEEP RUNNING!" - Volectro, Wrong Colors
- "Yeah! But this one's the WRONG COLORS!" - Volectro, Wrong Colors
- "Rad fun! Rad fun!" - Volectro and Shuff, Wrong Colors
- "LISTEN UP! It seems that Zaptor here has eaten all of the Hamlogna Sandwiches, and RUINED THE MIXEL FESTIVAL!" - Volectro, Epic Comedy Adventure
|No. of Pieces||70|
LEGO Shop product description
Get super-static with VOLECTRO, the wild-haired Electroid!
Every day is a bad hair day for scatter-brained VOLECTRO of the Electroids, a zany tribe of Mixels who live high up in the mountainous forest to stay close to the lightning storms that power them. One too many electric shocks have made VOLECTRO emit loads of static energy which this hilarious Mixel uses to draw anything it desires to that mega hairdo!
- Features electricity fingers, a great hairdo and poseable joints
- Collect all three Mixels in the Electroid tribe to build the super Mixel tribe combo
- Combine with 41502 ZORCH from the LEGO® Mixels™ Infernite tribe for a quirky mixed-up Mixel
- Go to LEGO.com/mixels for exclusive building instructions, animations, wallpapers and much more
- Watch all your favorite Mixel characters on Cartoon Network
- Play the game available for iOS and Android
- Stands over 3” (10cm) tall
Joke around and get super-static with VOLECTRO, one of three lightning-charged Electroids in LEGO® Mixels™ Series 1!
Volectro's in-booklet code for Calling All Mixels is STAT18LI3NG, which is StaticCling when decoded.
- He represents November in the Mixels: 2015 Wall Calendar.
- One specific static artwork of him running that has been used in various media incorrectly layers his legs, making them sit wrong on his body.
- According to LEGO Mixels: Activity Book, his static hair charge is a sort of nervous tic that goes off when he gets upset.
- His fingertips can light up like a flashlight in the dark.
- Both he and Zaptor appear to be afraid of the dark.
- He can shock himself so much that he can create fireworks. It is unknown if the other Electroids have this ability as well.
- He is the only Series 1 Mixel and Electroid who was not referred to by his name in the cartoon.
- He is the only Electroid to not use any lightning bolt-shaped pieces.
- He has a pet Nixel named Nixie.
- His fingers are shaped like magnets in some forms of media.
- Volectro and Vulk are the only Series 1 Mixels not to have their entire hand be made from a Lego Plate with a Clip.
Behind the Scenes
Name and basis
Volectro's name is a combination of the words "volt" and "electro".
Volectro was originally going to be almost all one shade of yellow.
Volectro was first revealed as a character in the Mixels franchise on July 22, 2013 at San Diego Comic-Con International, when Mixels was first announced. Both his LEGO set and cartoon artwork were shown. Alongside him were Flain of the Infernites and Seismo of the Cragsters.
Volectro debuted in the TV series on February 12, 2014 in Cookironi, while his LEGO set officially became available on March 1 with the rest of Series 1.
- Main article: Volectro/Gallery
Sources and References
- Products page on LEGO.com
- Character page on LEGO.com
- Instructions on LEGO.com
- Mix with Zorch instructions on LEGO.com
- Electroids Max instructions on LEGO.com
Mountain City (Techno Valley / Teslo's House / Classroom) / Electric Trees / Lightbulb Sun / Astrowhisk / Bubble Busters / Shockotrons / Neon Noodle / Kaboombox / Beel