|Featured Article |
This article was the Featured Article of the Month, meaning it is one of the best articles on the wiki and the subject of this article won the award(s) of Best Muncho and Best Mixel of Series 6 at the Mixels Wiki Fans' Choice Awards 2015!
- 1 Description
- 2 Ability
- 3 Biography
- 4 Memorable Quotes
- 5 Set Information
- 6 Background Information
- 7 Trivia
- 8 Behind the Scenes
- 9 Gallery
- 10 Appearances
- 11 Sources and References
- 12 External links
Vaka-Waka are two Munchos in one! Vaka is the top-half of the duo and in charge of food input, while stomach head Waka handles the output... whether he likes it or not. Vaka usually eats before thinking, shoving everything into his mouth. That means poor Waka has to deal with digesting everything from rotten fish heads to battery acid! No wonder Vaka looks the happier of this joined-at-the-belly pair of Munchos!
They are very greedy and gluttonous, and are almost constantly eating.
Vaka-Waka is mostly purple in color. They have long purple arms grey black tips. Their legs are short, grey, and bowed. They connect to small feet with a single toe on each. They often have various colored ball-shaped candies with them.
Vaka has a large, pentagonal-like head with a large lower jaw with a smaller and rounded upper, hippo-like one, which has two bucked teeth that point downwards and a nose. Vaka has a single eye with a disembodied thick purple eyebrow.
Waka acts as Vaka's body and is a semicircle in shape. Waka has two eyes and a large mouth with a long underbite. He has eight yellowed teeth in his mouth; three on top and five on the bottom, the outer bottom ones being larger.
They have the ability to eat almost anything. As such, thanks to Waka, they have a stomach that is hollow enough to fit enough entities in it, such as Berp.
Little is known about Vaka-Waka's past. At some point they became leader of the Munchos.
At a party in Muncholand, Vaka-Waka briefly swallowed Berp until they and Snax noticed the Egg-Rock crashing into a field of Mixmallows nearby. They inspected the crashed Egg-Rock along with their brothers, the Frosticons' cousins and the Glorp Corp's cousins. Although they were not chosen by the Maximum Mixel (which unbeknownst to them was part of King Nixel's plan), they still decided to assist Snoof in the group's quest. They had to Mix to catch Snoof after he fled with the Mixamajig Key. After catching up to him, they followed him to Klinkerton along with their own brothers, the Glorp Corp cousins, Krog and Chilbo. After meeting with the Klinkers, Gox hypnotized them along with the rest of the group and stole the key. They Mixed to catch up as the Klinkers fell into a swamp and Murped. After the Klinkers apologized, they joined the group along with the Lixers and reached the Mixamajig Threshold. Vaka-Waka were then captured by King Nixel and Maxed with their branch of Munchos to defeat him. Mixopolis was revealed to them by the Weldos soon after. ("A Quest for the Lost Mixamajig")
Vaka-Waka Maxed with their Muncho brothers to share a giant pizza. ("The Munchos MAX are out to Lunch!")
Vaka-Waka are seen among the crowd outside the building on fire in Mixopolis. They eventually fell for the I-Cubit scheme, and are later seen as a Nixel zombie before Booger reverts them back to normal. ("Nixel, Nixel, Go Away")
- "Yeah, but where's all ze food? I'm starving!" - Vaka, A Quest for the Lost Mixamajig
- "So, what's this etiquette?" - Vaka, A Quest for the Lost Mixamajig
- "Oh, the nerve." - Vaka, A Quest for the Lost Mixamajig
- "And ve are ze Munchos, and you happen to be in Muncholand." - Vaka, A Quest for the Lost Mixamajig
- "Oh my Mixels!" - Waka, A Quest for the Lost Mixamajig
- "Listen up, people! Look, the way I see it, we all found this egg, meteor, pod thingy, whatever it is. So, I am sure there will be plenty of happy wonderfulness to go around for all nine of us, if we all just work together." - Waka, A Quest for the Lost Mixamajig
- "Who are you?!" - Vaka-Waka, A Quest for the Lost Mixamajig
- "We're on a seafood diet. I see food... ...and I eat it. URP!" - Vaka-Waka, Make-Your-Own Mixels: The Game!
LEGO Shop product description
Double the Munchos fun with Vaka-Waka!
Vaka-Waka are two Mixels™ Munchos in one! Vaka is the top half of the duo and in charge of food input, while ‘stomach head’ Waka handles the output. Vaka usually eats before thinking, which means poor Waka has to deal with digesting everything from rotten fish heads to battery acid! No wonder Vaka looks the happier of this joined-at-the-belly pair of Munchos!
- Features a head with opening jaw, ‘stomach head’ with big teeth, posable joints and food elements
- Collect all 3 Munchos to build the chew-tastic MAX!
- Combine with 41546 LEGO® Mixels™ Forx from the Weldos tribe to create a mixed-up MURP!
- Go to LEGO.com/mixels for exclusive building instructions, games, animations and much more
- Watch all your favorite Mixels™ characters on Cartoon Network
- Play the Mixels™ Rush mobile game from Cartoon Network
- Stands over 2” (7cm) tall
Meet Vaka-Waka, the odd ‘couple’ with a stomach head, 1 of 3 posable Munchos tribe members featured in LEGO® Mixels™ Series 6 sets.
Vaka-Waka's in-booklet code for Mixels Rush is DOUB1ETROUB1E, which is DoubleTrouble when decoded.
- The two are conjoined twins.
- Vaka has a thick and slightly effiminate German accent, while Waka has a thick British accent.
- While it seems at first that what Vaka eats, Waka digests, it may not be entirely accurate as after Berp is swallowed up by Vaka, he later pops out of Waka completely unharmed (as seen in A Quest for the Lost Mixamajig).
- According to Andy Seenan, Vaka-Waka was one of the strangest Mixels to design.
- Both of them, mainly Vaka, are the leaders of the Munchos.
- They have the most teeth of any Mixel, at sixteen.
- They have black hands in LEGO form, but grey hands in the cartoon.
- They (or at the very least, Waka) consider themselves as 1 being. This is confirmed by Waka describing the group of Frosticons, Glorp Corp, and Munchos as all 9, while there are technically 10.
- Twinzy-Twinsy bears a resemblance to them.
- Similarly to Glomp, Vaka's large nose covers up his eye in LEGO form. Glomp and Vaka-Waka also use the same eye piece.
- They have eaten the most food out of any Mixel seen onscreen.
- Like Nurp-Naut his Lego form uses more than 1 type of eye piece.
- Vaka has lower teeth in his LEGO model but none in his animated model.
- Whenever Waka is moving his mouth, his eyes move closer when he opens his mouth and move farther when he closes his mouth.
Behind the Scenes
Name and Basis
Their name might come from Pac-Man's pellet-eating sound, often written as "waka-waka", which makes their name food-related. The "V" in Vaka's half of the name is possibly contributed to his German accent, which is often used to stereotypically transcribe w-based words phonetically.
In the TV series, and where sound clips are used, Vaka's voice is provided by Jess Harnell and Waka's voice is provided by Daran Norris. Vaka speaks with a heavy German accent, and Waka speaks with an English accent.
Vaka-Waka debuted in the TV series on September 26, 2015 in A Quest for the Lost Mixamajig, while his LEGO set officially became available on October 1 with the rest of Series 6.
- Main article: Vaka-Waka/Gallery
Sources and References
- Products page on LEGO.com
- Character page on LEGO.com
- Instructions on LEGO.com
- Mix with Forx instructions on LEGO.com
- Munchos Max instructions on LEGO.com
Muncholand / Pizza / Donuts
StopmotionsThe Weldos MAX at Work! / The Munchos MAX are out to Lunch!