In my last blog I said Calling All Mixels and Mixels Rush were lost. And while yes, they've been pulled from app stores, they've been archived and it's now possible to play them on emulators (and in some cases on current Android devices).
- Calling All Mixels (3.0.0) - Works with emulators, does not work on current Android devices.
- Mixels Rush (1.1) - Works with emulators, may work on some Android devices.
- Calling All Mixels (2.0.0) - Works with emulators, does not work on current Android devices. Installs with 3.0.0 icon despite not containing 3.0.0 content.
- Calling All Mixels (1.1.0) - Works with emulators, does not work on current Android devices. Installs with 3.0.0 icon despite not containing 3.0.0 content.
- Fixed Mixels Rush (1.1) - Works with emulators and some Android devices. Modded to fix crashing upon 3-starring certain levels.
- Mixels Rush (1.0) - Works with emulators, may work on some Android devices. Installs with 1.1 icon despite not containing 1.1 content.
How to install
For Bluestacks emulator. Likely works very similarly for other emulators. Requires ES File Explorer or another similar file explorer.
- Download both the app package and the .zip file. Don't install the .apk right away.
- Download ES File Explorer (.apks for it everywhere), you'll need it to install the game data.
- Place the .zip file in a place you'll remember.
- In Bluestacks, click the arrow at the bottom of the screen, and then open the file manager.
- Click "Import from Windows" and from there select the .zip file you installed.
- Once that's done, open ES File Exploer.
- In ES File Explorer, click "Internal Storage" and navigate the folders in this order: DCIM->Shared-folder
- In the shared folder, click and hold on the .zip file to select it. Once it is selected, click the three dots at the bottom to bring up more options and click "Extract to".
- Don't change the path the file extracts to and let it extract to the path it sets for itself.
- Once it's done, open the folder it creates. Inside the folder, there should be a file named "com.turner.mixels/com.turner.mixelrush", check inside the folder to see if there's a duplicate.
- Click and hold to select the folder, and click "cut".
- In the folder tree, you should see one named "0", click on it to go back to where you started.
- Navigate in this order: Android->obb (CREATE THE OBB FOLDER IF IT DOES NOT EXIST)
- In the obb folder, paste the folder you copied earlier.
- Once this is done, install the .apk and everything should run smoothly, if not, try removing the obb files and uninstalling the .apk, and trying again.
HUGE thanks to Solari and VECTORKNICKERS for helping me find the obbs for later updates of both games, without them the latest versions of both games would likely be lost. Also, should we put links for the games on their articles now?