|Featured Article |
This article was the Featured Article of the Month, meaning it is one of the best articles on the wiki and the subject of this article won the award(s) of Best Featured Article of 2015 at the Mixels Wiki Fans' Choice Awards 2015!
|Last Appearance||Nixel, Nixel, Go Away|
|Nicknames (aka)|| Dolts (King Nixel)|
Dimwits (King Nixel)
Dunderheads (King Nixel)
|Tribe||Many different tribes of Mixels|
|Gender Preference||Non-binary (still refer to themselves in gendered pronouns)|
|Special Features|| Varies|
Ability of mixing together
Mixels are a type of species and the main protagonists in the Mixels franchise.
Each Mixel is assigned to an element or theme which is divided into tribes, such as ice, electricity, rock, fire, and more. They live all throughout the Mixelverse. Their enemies are the Nixels, dark and uncreative creatures who want to ruin fun and creativity. Certain tribes have an unknown number of Mixels, at least over three or six of them.
Judging from their structure, Mixels may possibly be cyborgs, as they have organic parts, but appear to have robotic skin and gaskets. However, many sources refer to them as "monsters", possibly as a catch-all term.
NOTE: An asterisk (*) indicates the leader of the tribe. Two (**) indicates the secondary member. Three (***) indicate the tertiary member.
The main race of Mixels on Planet Mixel.
The Misical Muxels are a band in Calling All Mixels who put on concerts. What they look like, and their names, are currently unknown.
- They love to combine anything they find in their land and also enjoy gaining new powers.
- In Calling All Mixels, all of the Series 1-3 tribes were lost and had to be reunited by Flain.
- The LEGO models are designed before the animated ones, and are also used as reference for the animated models.
- In Epic Comedy Adventure, all of the Series 1-2 Mixels (excluding the Series 1-2 tribe leaders except Jawg, whose role is taken by Gobba) temporarily turn into Nixels (brainwashed and dull versions of themselves) through the Mega Nixel Mixel Nixer.
- All Mixels have names that are puns of or derived from words that fit their personalities and appearances (such as Flain being a combination of "flame" and "brain", fitting both his smart nature and his fire element).
- The Series 1 and Series 2 tribes' theme elements were opposite counterparts of each other (Infernite's fire and Frosticon's ice, Electroid's electricity and Flexer's rubber, and Cragster's rock and Fang Gang's plant matter).
- Series 4 introduces Mixel tribes not based around elements, with the space-themed Orbitons. Later series would follow these ideas with their own tribe ideas.
- Starting with the Klinkers, a lot of the new tribes are based around occupations.
- According to Major Nixel in Mixels Rush, Mixels are at their weakest when they are on their own.
- The only non-structure features all Mixels share are eye(s).
- One of the most common Mixel colors is yellow, as it has been used for four tribes already.
- Another extremely common color scheme is grey, brown, and gold, as it has been used for three tribes already.
- However, each tribe has minor differences in their main color that distinguishes them from each other. For instance, the Lixers' color scheme of yellow is closer to orange, the Electroids have a brighter shade, and the Weldos have a duller shade of yellow.
- They temporarily turned against each other in A Quest for the Lost Mixamajig because they all wanted the Mixamajig for themselves.
- The average Mixel is about twice the size of a regular LEGO minifigure, which may suggest the relation of size to an actual human. This may be because the Mixel builds are much more complex than the Minifigures, having as many as 74 pieces.
- The Mixels were originally mentioned to grunt for speech, but Mixels seem to speak fluent English, with a few exceptions.
- Some Mixels' hands are based on the "C" shaped hands of LEGO minifigures.
- In Nixel, Nixel, Go Away, it is revealed that there are clones of singular Mixels, such as Kraw, Krog, Skrubz, and various Background Mixels. These could have possibly been animation errors.
Behind the Scenes
Name and basis
The word "Mixels" is a play on the word "Mix", as the Mixels Mix to achieve a goal.
Each Mixel has their own unique voice.
Mixels began development as LEGO Monsters, Cartoon Network was invited to see this new theme and took interest, LEGO and Cartoon Network began working on a new theme based of LEGO Monsters and created Mixels.
Series 1 was revealed at San Diego Comic-Con International on July 22, 2013, with Flain, Seismo and Volectro. Silhouettes for various other Mixels were also shown off. Both LEGO sets and artwork were shown off.
Series 4 was revealed at San Diego Comic-Con International on July 22, 2014, with Nurp-Naut, Globert and Burnard. Only LEGO sets were shown off.
Series 7 was revealed at San Diego Comic-Con International on July 22, 2015, with Kuffs, Camillot and Jamzy. Only LEGO sets were shown off.
Nine waves of Mixels sets were released throughout 2014 to 2016. Each wave contained nine Mixels and three waves were released in a year.
- Main article: Mixels (creature)/Gallery