|Help spread the word! |
|This article is under construction |
This page or section is currently under maintenance or construction. Feel free to help in any way you can to improve it.
|I watch now! |
This page is about an episode of the Mixels television series on Cartoon Network. From here, you can also access the gallery and transcript pages for the respective episode.
|Mixel Moon Madness|
It's out of this world.
|Original Airdate||March 9, 2015|
|Characters|| Infernites (additional 2015 members, plus Vulk)|
Mixed Up Special
Mixel Moon Madness, also referred to as Moon Madness Special, is the first episode in the second season of Mixels, and the twenty-second episode overall. It is also the second half-hour special, and the second season premiere. It first aired on March 9, 2015. 
Get ready for a massive Mixels adventure that will take you all the way to the moon!
SPOILERS! Click show to view.
SPOILERS! Click show to view.
For a full transcript of "Mixel Moon Madness", click here.
- Niksput (debut)
- Nurp-Naut (debut)
- Rokit (debut)
- Burnard (debut)
- Flamzer (debut)
- Meltus (debut)
- Boogly (debut)
- Globert (debut)
- Vampos (debut)
- Major Nixel
- King Nixel (Debut)
- Vulk, Shuff, Slumbo, Jawg, Tentro, and Footi Murp
- When the Mixels franchise was first announced, it was stated that the length of the series could be extended for longer storylines, if and when needed; this being an example. This is most likely the pilot for a full series; as such, all future episodes of this length will no longer be referred to as specials, but regular episodes.
- The full name of the episode is Mixels: Moon Madness Special.
- This will be the first new episode after the long in-between season hiatus, which lasted six months and nine days. This wait angered many fans, who were then relieved to see the show back in full force.
- Unlike the previous half-hour special, this is one full twenty-two minute episode, making it the longest concurrent episode of the series to date; with the shortest being High Five.
- On March 5th, a blog post on Cartoon Network's website was published to advertise the episode.
- Many commercials advertising this episode were released throughout mid-Feburary and early March.
- On various cable programming guides, the episode is referred to as an episode of a standalone Mixels series, unlike Mixed Up Special, which was on its own (and the shorts, which had no entries due to there being no set schedule for them).
- There will be encore presentations on March 13th and 15th.
Many airings will take place in March 2015.
- March 9, 2015 (US and Canada)
- March 13, 2015 (Italy)
- March 14, 2015 (Bulgaria) in CN Cinema.
- March 14, 2015 (Hong Kong, South East Asia and UK)
- March 21, 2015 (Netherlands & Poland)
- The Orbitons, Glowkies and 2015 Infernites will appear, introducing the Series 4 characters into the show.
- There is a Murp involving six Mixels. This proves that more than two Mixels can create a Murp, and more than three can make a character combination in general, even if they are not in the same tribe.
- Maxes have appeared for the first time since Changing a Lightbulb; being of course the Orbitons Max, the Glowkies Max, and the Infernites Max. This is before the Series 2 and 3 Maxes even get to appear in the show, although their animated forms have appeared on Mixels.com.
- There is a musical number present near the end of the episode, which makes it the third song of the series overall; the first of course being the theme song, and the second being Happy Birthday to Balk.
- Some descriptions of the episode give the title an exclamation point at the end.
- There is a new and improved intro in this special.
- The Glowkies appear to be portrayed as antagonists at first in the episode. That makes the Glowkies the first Mixels to be portrayed as antagonists (not including Zorch).
- Zaptor, Shuff, Slumbo, Jawg, Tentro and Footi are the only known members of their respective tribes to appear in the episode. Footi is also the only known Series 3 Mixel appearing.
- This is the first ever episode to have all three combinations: a Mix, Max, and Murp.
- Second episode with the word "madness" in the title. ("Hamlogna Conveyer Belt Madness")
- This is the second special in the series. ("Mixed Up Special")
- This is the sixth episode with a Max. This is also the second episode where all of the Maxes in a series appear. ("Cookironi")
- This is the sixth appearance of a Murp, and the fourth that isn't of Flain and Krader. ("Murp", "Snow Half-Pipe", "Fang Gang Log Toss", "High Five", "Mixed Up Special")
- This is the second apperance of live-action footage; this being the explosion when the Orbitons Max is made. The first was a human foot. ("Mixed Up Special")
- When Globert says "That's right, mister!" he has three teeth on his upper jaw instead of five.
- While Meltus sits on the crater, staring at a planet, his tail clips through the crater.
- While in the giant Cubit, Niksput is missing his wings.
- When Globert says "This is going to be FABULOUS!", Boogly's eye has no pupil.
- If you look closely, while Zaptor is in the giant Cubit, his eye is not attached to his body.
- Murp: Hello, ladies!
- Nurp-Naut (old): I just made a meteor in my spacesuit!
- Globert: This is going to be FABULOUS!
- Burnard: Fun?
- Globert: That's right, mister!
|The image gallery for Mixel Moon Madness may be viewed here.|
Sources and References
- ↑ http://www.toonzone.net/forums/cartoon-network-boomerang-cartoon-forum/181274-cartoon-network-international-news-thread-1225.html#post4948131
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M78aEZF5j4c
- ↑ "This month, CN will debut the first wave of Mixels as a collection of shorts, in various lengths, from 30 seconds to five minutes total. The shorts will then be formatted as a 22-minute special on the air and go into a series version."
- ↑ http://www.cartoonnetwork.com/blog/post/dont-miss-the-all-new-half-hour-mixels-special-event
- ↑ Banner on Canadian CN site
- ↑ Italian trailer
- ↑ http://www.tvbnetworkvision.com/en/channels/kids?programme=Mixels-Moon-Madness
- ↑ http://www.disneyinfo.nl/forum/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=10835
- ↑ http://www.toonzone.net/forums/cartoon-network-boomerang-cartoon-forum/181274-cartoon-network-international-news-thread-1223.html#post4944691
Coconapple / Hot Lava Shower / Cookironi / Electrorock / Nixels / Pothole / Murp / Mailman / Another Nixel / Rockball / Changing a Light Bulb / Wrong Colors / Nixel "Mix Over" / Bar B Cubes / Snow Half Pipe / Hamlogna Conveyor Belt Madness / Vaudeville Fun / Fang Gang Log Toss / High Five / Elevator / Mixed Up Special (Epic Comedy Adventure / Murp Romp)
Season 2 (Series 4-9)
OtherUntitled unaired episode (Season 1) / Movie (Season 1) / The Wonderful World of Mixels