|Featured Article |
This article was the Featured Article of the Month, meaning it is one of the best articles on the wiki!
|This article or section is about a topic that some consider not to be canon |
While official, this page or section is thought to be non-canon.
|Mixel Moon Madness|
It's out of this world.
|Production Code|| 701-???|
|Original Airdate||March 9, 2015|
(Mixed Up Special)
A Quest for the Lost Mixamajig
Mixel Moon Madness, also referred to as Moon Madness Special, is the first episode in the second season of Mixels, and the twenty-second episode overall. It is also the second half-hour special, and the second season premiere. It first aired on March 9, 2015.
Get ready for a massive Mixels adventure that will take you all the way to the moon! You’ll meet a whole mess of new Mixels, including some brand-new tribes you’ve never seen before.
In the Magma Wastelands, the Infernites have gone away for a camping trip. Once they arrive in the perfect spot for the night, Flamzer asks Burnard if he brought any of the camping supplies with him. Instead, he finds that Burnard didn't take anything with him; no tent, no sleeping bags, no snacks, no anything. Burnard does, however, pull out a large ice cube from his backpack (as a substitute for a campfire). Flamzer is hesitant to use the cube, as it may start a forest freeze. He is eventually persuaded to use it by Burnard, who seems happy about the whole thing, and they settle down for the night. Meltus happened to bring Weenie Burgers with him, and Burnard brought Mixmallows, so they eat up.
The Infernites were all hungry, and they were ready to cook their food. Meltus' allergies kick in then, and he accidentally burns his Weenie Burger, while Flamzer enjoys his unharmed Mixmallows. Meltus's allergies continue to get worse, causing Burnard to fall out laughing. Flamzer is extremely cautious, starting to ramble on about camp safety so nobody ends up hurting themselves. Burnard gets the idea to use ice water, and then got some to help keep the cube from melting. But the water begins to spiral out of control, and it starts to freeze Flamzer. Burnard immediately springs into action; he runs to the cooler and finds three Cubits; he and Meltus combine, but they make a Murp. Trying again, they make another Murp. Finally, when they use the third Cubit, they make a Mix and melt away all of the ice before Flamzer is completely frozen.
After un-Mixing and sitting by the ice cube for a while, three Nixels are seen watching the Infernites, and they begin to make hooting noises. Looking at the moon, Burnard and Meltus suggest someone tell a story, and Flamzer is happy to oblige. In the story, one day, the Infernites were taking a stroll, but they noticed that they were being stalked by something: the Mixel Moon. The Infernites noticed and began to run, and the moon quickly followed suit. During the chase, the moon somehow transformed into a ship-space, with an arm reaching out and grabbing the Infernites to pull them in. The ship-space then blasted back up to the real Mixel Moon, and landed by the futuristic metropolis Orbitopia. The Infernites get out of the ship, and the Orbitons welcome them to the Mixel Moon.The Infernites, however, do not take their abduction lightly, and quickly Max to attack their abductors. The Orbitons also Max in retaliation, and they fly into the sky for an epic battle; but instead, both of them realize they are friendly, and quickly fly back down to the ground and separate. Afterwards, Nurp-Naut's elder side takes control of the situation and introduces Niksput and Rokit to the abducted Infernites. The Infernites realize their mistake, and befriend the Orbitons.
Later, Nurp-Naut takes the Infernites into Orbitopia for a tour. Niksput is interested in Burnard, and asks him if he knows any tricks. The Infernite replies by having fire blow from his ears and making a rope out of smoke, which lassos Niksput and pulls him down to the ground. The Orbiton leader is impressed by the trick. In the middle of this, we focus on Nurp-Naut; Naut, the elder side, decides it is nap time for Nurp, the infant side, who doesn't want to go to bed just yet. Naut demands his other side to calm down, and they begin to argue. Eventually, Nurp goes into a tantrum and lifts three oxygen tanks. The tanks are floating towards the glass protecting Orbitopia from the vacuum of space, and Flamzer realizes that the tanks could break the dome. Niksput is calm about this, and flies over to an emergency Orbiton/Infernite Cubit to break the glass encasing it. He and Burnard Mix to save everyone, and use Burnard's aforementioned trick to bring the tanks back to the ground. However, one tank cracks the glass, and Nurp continues his tantrum, bringing up a large building; the Mix stops it just in time, although it cracks the glass and shatters the whole dome. Then a giant space vacuum sucks up the whole of Orbitopia along with the Infernites and the Orbitons.
Afterwards, the Orbitons take the Infernites outside for a welcoming party. The Nixels are aware of Rokit's Crater Tots and Nurp-Naut's Oxy-Juice, which the Infernites are eating and drinking, with Burnard gobbling up all of the refreshments. The two Nixels take the tots and juice and run off, with Rokit and Burnard, and Meltus and Nurp-Naut Mixing to retrieve the food. The Rokit/Burnard Mix corners the Nixel and puts Rokit Sauce on the tots. When the Nixel eats them, it causes him to explode. Rokit asks the Mixels if they want some crater tots, but all three of them pass up on the offer after the Nixel falls back down to the ground, unconscious. Rokit eats them all himself, causing his head to explode, while Burnard, Meltus, and Nurp-Naut laugh together.
Flamzer asks why the Orbitons chose the Infernites to abduct, and Nurp-Naut replies and tells them that they were the first signs of life the Orbitons spotted. Suddenly, the dark side of the moon approached; with the Infernites curious, Rokit told them a story about what had happened just recently. Rokit had prepared Nurp-Naut for his sleep, but Nurp wanted a story. Switching to Naut, he told Rokit to tell the kid a story, although Rokit didn't want to since he already said night-night. He eventually had given in to Nurp's begging, and told him all about the Glowkies; characterizing them as even more evil than Nixels. However, it was unknown to both that the tribe was just outside the room and ready to greet their "Orbiton neighbors". When they entered, an alarm sounded off and Rokit freaked out. When Niksput came, the Orbitons transformed into their Max, which then got knocked out by hitting the ceiling light. The Glowkies left in surprise, thinking they should have said hello some other time.
Back in the present, Bats begin to circle around the two tribes; this hints at the Glowkies' arrival. Globert, Boogly and Vampos come out of their cave and begin to chase the Orbitons and Infernites. Rokit and Meltus, Nurp-Naut and Burnard, and Niksput and Flamzer create Mixes to scare the Glowkies away. They end up in the Glowkie Caves, and Globert confronts them. The Glowkies introduce themselves, Max and then start to dance with bats as backup. Due to this, the two other tribes finally see them as non-hostile.
Burnard, Meltus, and Nurp-Naut begin to have a nice conversation with Globert. When Nurp says he is afraid of the dark caves, Globert makes fun of him and says that the Glowkies love the dark because the darkness is where the fun is. He decides to give them an example. Whisked to the performance stage, everybody begins to sing the song Don't Pull The Plug!. Globert explains, through this elaborate musical number, not to pull out the giant plug in the floor, or the gravity will come in and suck everything up. Burnard, excited, gets up from his seat in the audience and tells his friends that he is going to get popcorn. However, he heads over to try and unplug the plug; completely disobeying Globert's orders. With forced help from Rokit, they Mix; with this strength, they unplug the plug. Everyone gasps, and everybody but the Glowkies (who Maxed during the performance) gets sucked in; including the moon and universe itself. Against a completely white background, the Glowkies Max breaks its electric guitar by hitting it against the ground and then shouts, to nobody in particular, "Thank you, good night!"
With everything back to normal, Meltus is alone outside the caves while the party is still happening. He begins to cry. When Burnard and Flamzer head out and find him, Meltus tells them that he is homesick and misses Planet Mixel, as it is so far away. Flamzer says he misses home too, and Burnard remarks that there is no place like home. All crying, the Infernites wake up. Back to the camping trip, Flamzer tells his brothers that the whole entire experience was just a dream, saying that there is no such thing as Orbitons or Glowkies. Both mentioned tribes all of a sudden show up and ask "What? We don't exist?!" With that, everybody but Flamzer breaks down in tears.
The two Nixels from earlier orbit around Mixel Moon, annoyed. A satellite is seen and, picking up a reading from the Magma Wastelands campsite, broadcasts surveillance footage of all three tribes to a large crowd of Nixels watching from a theater screen in Nixels Land. They are all, understandably, upset. Major Nixel shows up, outraged that there are Mixels also living on the moon of all places. Loud stomping is heard approaching Major and the swarm. King Nixel has arrived.
For a full transcript of "Mixel Moon Madness", click here.
In scene bumper vignettes
In Graphic Kraziness vignette
In Murptopia scene bumper vignette
- This was the pilot for a full series; as such, all future episodes of this length were no longer referred to as specials, but regular episodes.
- The full name of the episode is Mixels: Moon Madness Special.
- This was the first new episode after the long in-between season hiatus, which lasted six months and nine days. This wait angered many fans, who were then relieved to see the show back in full force.
- Unlike the previous half-hour special, this is one full twenty-two minute episode, making it the longest concurrent episode of the series to date (equal with A Quest for the Lost Mixamajig); with the shortest being High Five.
- On March 5th, a blog post on Cartoon Network's website was published to advertise the episode.
- On March 12, Cartoon Network added the clips Moon Mixes and Glowkie Cave Party to the Mixels videos page.
- This episode was originally produced as five 2-3-minute shorts and one 9-minute minisode before being molded into one long half-hour story. Despite this, most countries dub the special directly.
- Unlike Mixed Up Special and A Quest for the Lost Mixamajig, no clip was posted for this episode in anticipation of its release.
- This was the last episode animated by Atomic Cartoons.
- There are official titles for the separate storylines and vignettes combined into the special:
- 400: Mixel Moon Madness - The full, combined special.
- 401: Tall Tales From Da Moon! - The main storyline of the special, including Flamzer's campcube story.
- 411: Only You Can Prevent Forest Freezes, Only You! - The storyline at the beginning of the episode where the Infernites cause a forest freeze.
- 412: Crater Tots! (or Moon Mixes) - The final storyline in the first act, where the Nixels steal the Crater Tots and Oxy-Juice from the Orbitons' welcoming party for the Infernites.
- 413: Houston, We Have a Problem! - The storyline where Nurp's tantrum causes the oxygen tanks to nearly shatter the dome.
- 414: Things That Go Murp in the Night! - The scene where Rokit tells Nurp-Naut a bedtime story about the Glowkies and they show up in Nurp-Naut's bedroom.
- 415: Don't Pull the Gravity Plug! (or Glowkie Cave Party) - The song.
- 417: Intros/Transitions - The Mixels Main Title and some of the reused transitions.
- 421: Graphic Kraziness - The transition showing off different mixes to "Don't Pull the Gravity Plug!"
- 422: Nixel Kookie - The transition of Nixels falling down the screen to the first part of "Tall Tales From Da Moon!"
- 423: Murptopia - The "Murp Time" segment and transition to "Crater Tots!"
- 425: Knock Knock Joke - The segment and transition to "Houston, We Have a Problem!" where Shuff tells Vulk a knock-knock joke.
- 430: Whack-A-Mixel - The transition to the final part of "Tall Tales From Da Moon!" where Hoogi plays Whack-a-Mole with Mixels popping in and out of a giant Cubit.
- Many commercials advertising this episode were released throughout mid-February and early March.
- On various cable programming guides, the episode is referred to as an episode of a standalone Mixels series, unlike Mixed Up Special, which was on its own (and the shorts, which had no entries due to there being no set schedule for them).
- There were encore presentations on March 13 and 15 and on May 20, 25th, and 29th.
- Some descriptions of the episode give the title an exclamation point at the end.
- In some countries, this episode airs with an extra ad break midway through Act II, specifically, right before the "Don't Pull the Gravity Plug!" segment. In some other countries, the extra ad break is midway through Act I, right after the Orbitons Max.
- In Italy, this episode aired without any ad breaks.
- In the Latin American airing, the credits are shortened. Strangely, Vulk's "re-mix" in the Cartoon Network Studios logo is also muted but the sound effects in it aren't.
- The only countries known to broadcast any of the separated shorts on TV are Cartoon Network Asia, as it aired "Only You Can Prevent Forest Freezes, Only You!" on November 7, 2015 before a Yo-kai Watch episode, and Cartoon Network Germany, who aired the five shorter ones in December 2015.
- Due to the lack of a special dedicated to Series 5, this special and Mixed Up Special re-aired in Japan on June 13 and 25, 2015, and presumably, this may have been done in other countries too.
Most airings took place in March 2015.
|9||United States||Mixel Moon Madness|
|Canada||Mixel Moon Madness|||
|14||Hong Kong||Mixel Moon Madness|
|South East Asia||Mixels Moon Madness|||
|Australia||Mixel Moon Madness|
|United Kingdom & Ireland||Mixels Moon Madness|
|Poland||Mixele: Ksieżycowe Szaleństwo|||
|Portugal||Loucura na Lua|||
|Spain||Locura lunar mixel (Boing)|||
|Other unknown European feeds||TBA|
|1||Latin America (Cartoon Network)||Locura en la luna|||
|Brazil||Loucura no Mixel Lua|
Scandinavia and Nordic region:
|20||Africa||Mixels Moon Madness|||
|3||Latin America (Boomerang)||Locura en la luna|||
- Second episode with the word "madness" in the title. ("Hamlogna Conveyer Belt Madness")
- This is the second special in the series. ("Mixed Up Special")
- This is the sixth episode with a Max. This is also the second episode where all of the Maxes in a series appear. ("Cookironi")
- This is the second episode where a giant Rainbow Cubit appears. ("Mixed Up Special")
- This is the sixth appearance of a Murp, and the fourth that isn't of Flain and Krader. ("Murp", "Snow Half-Pipe", "Fang Gang Log Toss", "High Five", "Mixed Up Special")
- This is the second time a Mixel is frozen. ("Snow Half-Pipe")
- This is the second appearance of live-action footage; this being the explosion when the Orbitons Max is made. The first was a human foot. ("Mixed Up Special")
- The second time "Oh, schnixel!" is said. ("Nixels")
- The second time a Nixel sticks his tongue out at a Mixel. ("Nixels")
- This is the second time a completely white background appears, and the landscape is destroyed. ("Pothole")
- This is the third time a Mixel cries. ("Murp", "Mailman")
- This is the third time the fourth wall is broken. ("Rockball", "Elevator")
- Smokey Bear- One of the separate storyline titles is a reference to this character's famous slogan, "Only You Can Prevent Wildfires".
- Mobile Fighter G Gundam- Orbitons Max's pose is similar to GF13-001NHII Master Gundam's Choukyuu Haou Den'eidan.
- Apollo 13- One of the separate storyline titles is a reference to the famous quote uttered during this mission, "Houston, We Have a Problem!".
- Laugh-In- The "Knock Knock Joke" vignette resembles that of the quickie jokes from this show.
- Piet Mondrian- The "Graphic Kraziness" vignette with multiple colored squares resembles his classic painting Tableau 1.
- Monster Mash- Don't Pull the Plug! sounds very similar to this classic song.
- Moonwalk- Globert is seen doing this famous dance move during the song.
- Peanuts- Vampos and Boogly's dance during the song references the twins' dance in A Charlie Brown Christmas.
- SpongeBob SquarePants- The gravity plug and its purpose could be a reference to the Main Drain in the episode of the same title.
- Captain America- The red, white and blue banner appearing behind Globert during the song looks like that of Captain America's shield symbol.
- Whack-a-Mole- The "Whack-A-Mixel" vignette, whose title is also a direct reference to this, has Hoogi hitting many Mixels popping out of a giant Cubit. This board game had been referenced before in Mailman.
- The Wizard of Oz- Burnard says the famous quote "There’s no place like home".
- Meltus/Burnard Murp 1: Let's try again.
- Meltus/Burnard Murp 2: I don't think so.
- Nixel 1: Crater tots! Tots, tots!
- Nixel 2: Oxy-Juice! Juice, juice!
- Meltus: Just a little gas.
- Nurp: Oxy-juice!
- Meltus: Aww, thanks, pal.
- Boogly: Boogly guess we say hello some other time.
- Vampos: Um, that was scary-weird.
- Globert: I thought it was FABULOUS!!
Click here to view this page's gallery.
Sources and References
- ↑ Mixels - Moon Madness Advertisement 2
- ↑ Cartoon Network - CN Service
- ↑ Don't Miss the All-New Half-Hour Mixels Special Event | Cartoon Network
- ↑ Don't Miss the All-New Half-Hour Mixels Special Event | Cartoon Network
- ↑ Moon Mixes - Mixels Videos - Cartoon Network(DEAD LINK)
- ↑ Glowkie Cave Party - Mixels Videos - Cartoon Network(DEAD LINK)
- ↑ Wednesday Cable Ratings: NBA Basketball Tops Night + 'The Last Ship', NHL Hockey & More | TV By The Numbers by zap2it.com
- ↑ 20151207_0136 - Video Dailymotion
- ↑ Mixels Staffel 2 Episodenguide
- ↑ AnimeFan News : カートゥーン ネットワーク × レゴ社、共同開発アニメ「ミクセル」新商品発売を記念し、６月より特番編成や新シリーズWave 5の放送を開始！
- ↑ Colby(コルビー) / ども6 on Twitter: "「ミクセル スペシャル」 やっと観られた再放送！3期のフェスティバル、マジックショーの2つをメインに、1,2期の番組の間にも流れているショート数本を入れ、30分番組としてまとめたものだった！やっぱり長いストーリーで作って欲しいね！"
- ↑ Cartoon Network Canada banner
- ↑ Cartoon Network Promo - Speciale Mixels Lunatici (SUB ENG) - YouTube
- ↑ CN Asia : LEGO Mixels Moon Madness! [Promo] - YouTube
- ↑ 《合體小精靈之月球大探險》廣告 - YouTube
- ↑ Cartoon Network International News Thread - Page 657
- ↑ Cartoon Network RSEE: CN Cinema - March 2015
- ↑ Cartoon Network Highlights maart 2015 - Disneyinfo
- ↑ Cartoon Network International News Thread | Page 612 | Toonzone Forums
- ↑ Mixels
- ↑ Especial Locura lunar mixel el martes a sábado en Boing -Animecon
- ↑ Cartoon network LA Promo Mixels "Nuevo episodio especial" Abril/2015 - YouTube
- ↑ Mixels Moon Madness special promo CN Nordic - YouTube
- ↑ Mixel Moon Madness To Air On 20th April On Cartoon Network Africa - RegularCapital Website
- ↑ Mixels en Boomerang - YouTube
Season 2 (Series 4-9)
Mixel Moon Madness (Only You Can Prevent Forest Freezes, Only You! / Houston, We Have a Problem! / Crater Tots! / Things That Go Murp in the Night! / Don't Pull the Gravity Plug! / Tall Tales From Da Moon!)
Niksput and Burnard Mix