The subject of this article won the award(s) of Best Infernite at the Mixels Wiki Fans' Choice Awards 2015!
|Debut||Mixel Moon Madness|
|Last Appearance||A Quest for the Lost Mixamajig|
|Nicknames (aka)|| Mix/Murp Monkey (Flamzer)|
|Special Features|| Eyebrows|
Fiery point at the back
|Likes|| Weenie Burgers|
|Voice Actor||Jess Harnell|
Despite his fearsome looks, Meltus is both shy and kind. His allergies, which trigger whenever he leaves his habitat, cause him to spew out flaming sneezes.
Meltus has a vermillion dress-like body with two vermillion arms with black hands, a long vermillion tail, and a fiery spike on the back. He has feet similar to Krader's with a head with eight teeth similar to Kraw's over a red jaw, with a grey nose emitting flames, and a dark red triangular tip on the front which connects to the top of the jaw including two eyes with reddish eyebrows connecting on top. On the top of his head, there are two fiery spikes on the front and back of each other.
He has the ability to emit flames from his nostrils upon sneezing. He can also light the end of his tail on fire and control it like a hose.
Not much is known about Meltus' early life. However, he did develop allergies.
During the trip, they were abducted by the Orbitons' Ship-Space and taken to the Mixel Moon. Not taking the invasion too friendly, the two tribes have a Max battle, but later find each other friendly.
At the welcoming party, he suffered from a bit of gas that was quickly fixed with some Oxy-Juice, which he later had to rescue with the help of Nurp-Naut from a Nixel and made the excuse that he was allergic to Rokit Sauce to avoid eating it.
However, he grew homesick and wished to go back home in the end. ("Mixel Moon Madness")
Meltus had attended a special convention with his Infernite brothers and alien tribes the Orbitons and Glowkies. At it, they competed in quite a few events. ("Mixels Convention Craze")
Meltus was one of many Mixels who were forced to outrun the Nixelstorm and help shut it down. ("Mixels Rush")
Meltus was one of almost all the Mixels that searched and fought for the Mixamajig. ("A Quest for the Lost Mixamajig")
- "Don't you think that's a little bit drastic?" - Meltus, Mixel Moon Madness
- "And I'm Meltus. We're the I-I-I-I-ACHOO! Infernites..." - Meltus, Mixel Moon Madness
- "Aww, thanks pal." - Meltus, Mixel Moon Madness
|Packaging||Light red bag|
|No. of Pieces||66|
LEGO Shop product description
Sneeze flames with Meltus!
Meltus may look like a scary T-Rex, but this pampered Mixel is really a shy sweetheart with a permanent sniffly cold and allergies to everything. Whenever the red-hot Infernites venture out of the magma wastelands to somewhere new, poor Meltus takes one sniff and starts sneezing flames. If you didn’t know he was made of scorching fire, you would think he could use a warm blanket and a cup of hot cocoa!
- Features translucent flame-breath, pointy tail and posable joints
- Collect all 3 Infernites cousins to build the red-hot MAX!
- Combine with 41533 LEGO® Mixels™ GLOBERT from the Glowkies tribe to create a fun new MIX!
- Go to LEGO.com/mixels for exclusive building instructions, games, animations and much more
- Watch all your favorite Mixels™ characters on Cartoon Network
- Stands over 3” (10cm) tall
- He has the most amount of pieces of the 2015 Infernites. He also tied with Rokit for having the most amount of pieces of Series 4.
- He is the only 2015 Infernite without ears.
- Like Lunk and Glomp, he has something emitting out of his nose; in this case, fire.
- He is also the third Mixel with nostrils; the first being Lunk and the second being Glomp. *Like Lunk, Meltus has allergies. However, Meltus' allergies seem more severe than Lunk's. He also has a constant cold like Glomp.
- He is said to be allergic when he is outside of the Magma Wastelands. It is unknown how this is possible. One possibility is that none of the things he is allergic to are present in the Magma Wastelands.
- The spike on his nose is dark red in his animated model, but in his LEGO set, it is orange like the spikes on the top of his head and back.
- He is the only 2015 Infernite Mixel without an opening mouth in their LEGO form.
- He is the only Series 4 Mixel to not have any sharp teeth.
- He is the third Mixel to have human-looking teeth, the first being Krader and the second being Kraw.
- He has six teeth in his LEGO model, while in the cartoon, he has eight, probably due to sizing issues.
- His feet bare a resemblance to Krader's.
- He is able to stand up normally, similar to a humanoid. The same thing occurred with the Electroids Max in Electrorock.
- He is the eighth Mixel to have a tail.
- He is the tallest of the 2015 Infernites.
- Similar to Glurt, he reused the car arches from LEGO Racers.
Behind the Scenes
Meltus was originally going to have a much different nose, and a flaming tail tip, without the orange spike on his back. The head spikes were also less prominent. Ironically, his nose was black like the set's, giving more set-accuracy.
Name and basis
Meltus's name is a pun on the word "melt".
Meltus debuted in the TV series on March 9, 2015 in Mixel Moon Madness, while his LEGO set officially became available on February 1st with the rest of Series 4.
- Main article: Meltus/Gallery
- Mixels Websites
- LEGO Club Magazines
- Products page on LEGO.com
- Character page on LEGO.com
- Instructions on LEGO.com
- Mix with Globert instructions on LEGO.com
- Infernites Max instructions on LEGO.com
Infernites Max (2014 / 2015)
Magma Wastelands (Volcanoville / Vulk's House) / Lava Lounge / Living Flames / Lava Slide / Vac-Hammer / Bonflowers / Lavanuts / Coconapple / Fire Sprinkler / Dragocat
Mixel Moon Madness (Only You Can Prevent Forest Freezes, Only You! / Houston, We Have a Problem! / Crater Tots! / Things That Go Murp in the Night! / Don't Pull the Gravity Plug! / Tall Tales From Da Moon!)
Niksput and Burnard Mix