|Last Appearance||A Quest for the Lost Mixamajig|
|Special Features||Spiky hands|
Having a nightly Nuzzle-Wuzzle time with Scorpi
|Quote||"You need a hug. Hugs cure everything. In fact, everyone in the room needs a hug."|
|Voice Actor||Maddie Taylor|
|Game Abilities||Twin Slash (default)|
Cut it Out (level 5)
Group Hug! (level 10)
- 1 Description
- 2 Ability
- 3 Biography
- 4 Memorable Quotes
- 5 Set Information
- 6 Trivia
- 7 Behind the Scenes
- 8 Gallery
- 9 Appearances
- 10 Sources and References
- 11 External links
Hoogi may be the slowest moving of the Spikels, but he is always very heartfelt and affectionate. He expresses his emotions freely and dramatically, often going into over-dramatic spells when he gets upset. He cares for his friends and loves to show his love with giant bear hugs even though they have to avoid being cut by his razor sharp claws. He also loves paper-craft, using his sharp blade-like fingers to cut paper into chains.
Hoogi is mostly tan in color. His body is rectangular and also acts as his head. He has two eyes placed on the edges of his body. He has a well-defined jaw with a darker tan stripe right above it and two saber-teeth that point upwards. On top of his head is a darker tan stripe with a single spike. His arms are silver and very long. There are two tan spikes on each of them. His hands are darker tan with a black stripe and brown spike on them. His fingers are tan, but shift to silver blades near the end. He has short black legs that bow and boot-like dark tan feet with two brown toes on each.
His fingers are knife-like talons that pierce easily.
Calling All Mixels
- Twin Slash: Do two quick slashes, damaging all enemies in front of you.
- Cut it out: Stun all enemies in range with a cute paper cutout.
- Group Hug!: Gather all enemies in front of you into a massively damaging bear hug.
Little is known about Hoogi's early life. However, he created a nightly Nuzzle-Wuzzle time with Scorpi at one point.
At a party, he managed to get kidnapped by the Nixels, and had to be rescued to help rescue the other Mixels. ("Calling All Mixels")
While spending a day with his brothers in Mixel Park, Scorpi leaped on his head out of fear from Glurt's overenthusiasm, and stayed on it for a while. When a blast of magic from Magnifo scared him off and caused him to Murp with Glurt, Hoogi was extremely worried for his brother, especially because he was afraid of him missing their nightly Nuzzle-Wuzzle time. After Footi and Torts failed to catch him, he and Glomp Mixed in an attempt, but only managed to crash into a Wiztastics billboard. Once inside the Magic Tent, they climbed the rafters and followed the Murp, eventually catching him. After a blast of magic from Magnifo caused the rafters to break, all of them fell into an upside-down pyramid. ("Murp Romp")
When Glomp was sick with a cold, he was one of the Mixels there to try and help him feel better. He suggested a hug, as he believes hugs cure everything. He then decided everyone there needed a hug, causing the others to run away from him. ("Glomp's Gooey, Sneezy Cold!")
Hoogi was one of almost all of the Mixels who searched and fought for the Mixamajig, and then captured by King Nixel. He Maxed with his branch of the Spikels in order to defeat him, and Mixopolis was revealed by the Weldos soon after. ("A Quest for the Lost Mixamajig")
- "And poor little Scorpi will miss our nightly nuzzle-wuzzle time! WHAT’LL WE DO?!" - Hoogi, Murp Romp
- "Yeah! He's our bestest nuzzle-wuzzle buddy!" - Hoogi, Murp Romp
|No. of Pieces||69|
The set includes a Nixel.
LEGO Shop product description
Give a massive hug with HOOGI!
HOOGI is the slowest moving of the Spikels. This curious-looking member of the fun-loving tribe has giant fang teeth and is also super-affectionate, giving the biggest hugs with its lanky arms. Nixels creatures better watch out! While HOOGI walks as slowly as a zombie, getting grabbed by those spiky claw hands can be very painful. So you may want to avoid a HOOGI hug!
- Features long arms, spiky claw hands, fang teeth and posable joints
- Collect all three members of the Spikels tribe to build the super Mixels tribe combo
- Go to LEGO.com/mixels for exclusive building instructions, animations, wallpapers and much more
- Watch all your favorite Mixels characters on Cartoon Network
- Play the game available for iOS and Android
- Stands over 3” (9cm) tall
Cuddle HOOGI, with claw hands, one of three members of the cute but dangerous Spikels tribe featured in LEGO® Mixels™ Series 3 sets.
Hoogi's in-booklet code for Calling All Mixels is CLAW5SOM9, which is Clawsome when decoded. Once entered, it will unlock 25 Cubits and Group Hug.
- He represents July in the Mixels: 2015 Wall Calendar.
- He is the only Spikel whose Lego form doesn't used the Curved Blade piece.
- Despite having the deepest voice of the Spikels, he is voiced by Maddie Taylor who is a woman.
Behind the Scenes
Name and basis
Hoogi's name is a play on the word "hug", referencing him constantly craving hugs.
Hoogi debuted in the TV series on August 31, 2014 in Murp Romp, while his LEGO set officially became available on August 1 with the rest of Series 3.
- Main article: Hoogi/Gallery
Sources and References
- Products page on LEGO.com
- Character page on LEGO.com
- Instructions on LEGO.com
- Spikels Max instructions on LEGO.com