|Featured Article |
This article was the Featured Article of the Month, meaning it is one of the best articles on the wiki!
|Special Features||Head Flames |
Lava hot tubs and slides
Listening to music
|Voice Actor||Tom Kenny|
- 1 Description
- 2 Memorable Quotes
- 3 Background
- 4 Relationships
- 5 Set Information
- 6 Trivia
- 7 Gallery
- 8 Video
- 9 Sources and References
Flain is the smart one. Always strategizing, he approaches each situation with caution and tries the best to keep a level head. But when he thinks too hard, his head catches on fire! Flain belongs to the tribe of the Infernites and dwells in the magma wastelands near the core of the Earth.
Flain is smart, brave, and relaxed. He often acts like a typical teenager and talks like a surfer, always saying things such as "dude", "man", "rad", and "awesome". Just note that since his brain includes so much information, he can get a bit crazy when he's under pressure. Although, he can get ticked very easily. Nonetheless, he is very sociable and would do anything for his friends and loved ones.
Flain is mostly red all over. He has a rounded head with an eye on each side. Most of the time, his eyes are half-closed. On top of his head are three prongs, with the middle prong having a darker red rectangle in the front of it. Most of the time, this houses a yellow-orange fire that is constantly burning. He also has a beak. He has a body that widens at the end with a light grey collar-like piece at his neck. He has two slender arms with pincer hands. On his wrists are dark red triangle-like covers that taper down. He has grey legs with red feet that have two white claws on each. On his back is a hatch-like design. He has a slight surfer-dude accent.
- "Let me load you up, my Cragster compadre." - Flain, Cookironi
- "You guys wanna fix it... with a mix-it?" - Flain, Hot Lava Shower
- "Welcome to the Infernite kingdom, my Cragster compadre!" - Flain, Nixels
- "Aw schnixel!" - Flain, Nixels
- "Oh yeah! Let's get mixel!" - Flain/Seismo Mix, Nixels
- "Gots a cubit!" - Flain, Murp
- "Rockball looks fun, man. Let's play." - Flain, Rockball
- "All right, man, now's a good time for the cubit!" - Flain, Epic Comedy Adventure
Flain is laying down on a volcano and relaxing during the opening. He is seen again when Seismo and Zorch slam into it. Flain's head then catches on fire and makes an explosion. His eyes also catch on fire.
Flain enjoys the cookironis with the rest of the mixels. He gives one to Krader, suddenly realizing that that was the last one. Later, Flain appears as part of the Infernites max, and fights against the Cragster and the Electroid maxes until they de-fuse out of exhaustion and Zorch sits on the last Cookironi. Then the Mixels spot a Nixel with a Cookironi box and chase after it.
Flain and Seismo create a lava slide at the Infernites home, but a Nixel comes in and attempts (and fails) to ruin their fun, and soon, many Nixels invade. Flain and Seismo prepare to mix, but a Nixel knocks the cubit out of Seismo's hand. He and Seismo then recovers it to defeat the Nixels and when they combine, they create a super ginormous ultimate lava slide!
Flain and Krader want to cross a river in order to reach the other Mixels' barbecue, but create a murp the first time. However, they do get across the 2nd time, but they accidentaly ruin the barbeque.
He is seen with Slumbo relaxing in the Farmlands to piano music over the radio. They get rudely interrupted by Chomly and Jawg's game of Log Toss. After he and Slumbo burn their log as punishment, Chomly tricks them into doing a Murp and becomes their new "log."
Flain, along with Krader, Teslo, Flurr, Gobba, and Kraw, goes on an adventure to Mixel Mountain to save the Mixfest by breaking the giant rainbow cubit. In the end, to defeat the Nixels, he mixes with Gobba.
Later, he was seen with Zaptor, Chomly, Lunk, and the Spikels tribe when they're invited to see the Wiztastics' magic show.
Being his "brothers", Flain is mostly friendly toward the other Infernites. Flain and Vulk are friendly towards each other all the time. They show a good relationship. Flain, like most Mixels, is heavily annoyed by Zorch's pranks. One example is in Coconapple where the Zorch/Seismo mix was basically forced to ruin Flain's relaxation time because of Zorch being wild with the jetpack feet. However, they are basically just brothers, and are not like enemies.
Flain loves to hang out with all of the Cragsters, and respects them the most out of all the other tribes. He calls them "Cragster Compadre" as a nickname. He also loves to play Rockball and Mixelball like all of the Cragsters. Krader and Flain, being the leaders of their tribes, also find friendship. However, when they mix, it sometimes becomes a murp, which has been the base of Murp comedy in the series. Flain often gets annoyed at Krader, but they are still friendly. He particularly gets along very well with Seismo, and the two are considered best friends. They love to play games and go down lava slides together. They likely have the closest relationship out of all of the Mixels, besides relationships between two members of a tribe. Flain has not been seen interacting with Shuff, but they are likely still friends.
Flain has rarely interacted with the Electroids, but they seem to be on good terms. He and Teslo seem to be friends, as they mixed together and went on an adventure together in Epic Comedy Adventure. Flain and Volectro are neutral so far. He and Zaptor went on a picnic together (along with Lunk and Chomly) in Murp Romp, so they are likely friends.
Flain seems to like the Frosticons a lot, although fire and ice are supposed to be opposite elements. They can get along easily. He finds friendship in Flurr, as he and Slumbo invited him for snowboarding. They also went on an adventure together in Epic Comedy Adventure. He and Slumbo are very good friends, as Slumbo invited him to a snowboarding game and they like to relax in the Farmlands, listening to classical music. However, like Krader, despite their friendship, they often make an embarrassing murp. He is likely friends with Lunk, as they had a picnic together alongside Zaptor and Chomly in Murp Romp.
Flain is on good terms with the Fang Gang, but highly dislikes Log Toss. Flain and Gobba are neutral so far. Flain and Jawg are friends, as they went snowboarding together, although he dislikes Log Toss. Flain and Chomly seem to be neutral. This is because they did have a picnic together (along with Lunk and Zaptor in Murp Romp, but he dislikes Chomly's games of Log Toss, and how he murped him with Slumbo to continue playing it.
Neutral so far.
Neutral so far.
Neutral so far.
The Orbitonz are not released on the TV Series yet.
The Glowkies are not released on the TV Series yet.
Flain was released as one of the Mixels sets in the February 2014 product wave. His product number is 41500 and contains 58 pieces.
Flain's code in Calling All Mixels is HO7H8ADE2D, which is Hotheaded when decoded.
- He is the leader of the Infernites, and may even be the leader of all of the tribes, because he is shown in the most promotional material for the sets and shorts.
- While unlikely, it is possible that the other Mixel leaders go to him for guidance or advice.
- His name is a combination of the words "flame" and "brain". "Flain" is also a Celtic name for boys meaning "redhead."
- He is the main character of Calling All Mixels, and was on its icon until he was replaced by Kraw in May 2014.
- Like the Cragsters, his favorite game is Rockball.
- Even though he has a beak, it was shown in every episode he's in that he also has teeth.
- Torts also has a beak, which also somewhat resembles a nose.
- His head resembles the Red Robot Sidekick from Galaxy Squad
- Flain was the first Mixel to have double-clawed feet-- Flurr is second, Glomp third, and Mesmo fourth.
- Though he is a heated Infernite Mixel, the ice from the Frozen Volcanoes is able to freeze him and can even freeze his fire.
- He appeared in 9 episodes so far (tied with Shuff). His absences were Electrock, Pothole, Mailman, Another Nixel, Changing a Lightbulb, Wrong Colors, Nixel "Mix Over", Bar B Cubes, Hamlogna Conveyer Belt Madness, Vaudeville Fun, High Five, and Elevator.
- He is similar to a cardinal, as he is red and has a beak-like mouth.
- In LEGO form, he and Zorch mix with everyone but Krader.
- He may know Spanish, judging from how he calls the Cragsters his "compadres".
- He is the only one of the Infernites that didn't get affected by the Mega Nixel Mixel Nixer in the Epic Comedy Adventure segment of Mixed Up.
- He was unaffected due to being the leader, and needing to go on a sandwich run in that episode.
- He is the Mixel that appears on the Mixels CN bumper. (First shown in Mixed Up.)
- He sounds similar to Valhallen from Dexter's Laboratory, only slightly younger-sounding. This is due to Tom Kenny voicing both characters.
- He seems to have the best grammar out of all the Mixels so far, speaking in pretty complicated sentences compared the kinds of sentences the other Mixels communicate using.
- At the same time, his grammar is quite disappointing, as he talks using "dude" and "rad" and "awesome" constantly in his sentences, fitting with his surfer-like voice.
Sources and References
Infernites Max (2014 / 2015)
Magma Wastelands (Volcanoville / Vulk's House) / Lava Lounge / Living Flames / Lava Slide / Vac-Hammer / Bonflowers / Lavanuts / Coconapple / Fire Sprinkler / Dragocat