|Epic Comedy Adventure|
They weren't expecting THIS.
|Original Airdate||August 31, 2014|
The Biggest and Most Epic Mixels Minisode Ever, copyrighted and publicized as Epic Comedy Adventure, is the first part of the twenty-first episode in the first season of Mixels. It first aired on August 31, 2014.
The annual Mix Festival is here; a day to celebrate the power of the Cubits. However, due to a certain hamlogna sandwich-loving Electroid, all of the hamlogna sandwiches are eaten, leaving the other Electroids angry with him. Due to this, Teslo asks all of the leaders of their respective tribes to come with him to get more.At the same time, Major Nixel appears in a metal cloud floating above and lets loose his devastating new weapon — the Mega Nixel Mixel Nixer—onto the festival, making every other Mixel at the party become a zombie-like Nixel. With all of their Cubits destroyed, it's up to the leaders, who come back to witness the chaos, to save their friends and Mixel Land. Gobba has a Cubit, but Flain says to save it for another time. Krader says that the only way to find more is to go to Mixel Mountain for the Rainbow Cubits. So, they all head there. Gobba ends up using and wasting his Cubit with Kraw, but everyone finally reaches the top of the mountain and hit the giant Rainbow Cubit, letting tons more loose.
Meanwhile, Major Nixel is baking cupcakes. However, the tribe leaders come back Mixed, and defeat him, saving the festival and their friends in the process. Major Nixel then runs off in embarrassment, vowing revenge. The leaders of the Series 3 tribes finally show up, marking their debut in the show.
For a full transcript of "Epic Comedy Adventure", click here.
- This episode has multiple titles:
- This is the most-viewed episode of the TV series on YouTube, with approximately 3.3 million views as of April 5, 2016.
- This episode originally contained the most character appearances to date, with all nine original tribes (with one Mixel each from Series 3's) and Major Nixel and his Nixels. This was before it was beaten by A Quest for the Lost Mixamajig. It still has the most appearances of any episode in season one.
- This is the first episode where Rainbow Cubits are seen. It is revealed that the Rainbow Cubits' basically have the same power of any other Cubit, but can Mix any two Mixels no matter what the tribes. The Mixes created by the Rainbow Cubits are between Series 1 and Series 2 tribes that do not have Cubits that have made physical appearances in the show.
- This episode marks the first time tribal leadership is mentioned in the show.
- For one reason or another, the Electroids do not shock themselves in this episode.
- This is the first time Kraw speaks without being part of a Mix or talking in unison with another Mixel.
- This is the first time Major Nixel is referred to by his name in the television series.
- Krader's vision of what Mixel Mountain looks like uses colored outlines, in contrast to the standard black ones.
- Teslo's fear of heights, first mentioned in his website biography, is shown in the series for the first time.
- Vulk being the DJ at the festival may be a reference to his appearance with headphones, a Rainbow Cubit, and the Cartoon Network Studios' logo at the end of airings of the shorts in several countries, and at the end of this episode after the credits.
- Footage from this episode was used in The Wonderful World of Mixels.
Relation to Calling All Mixels
Epic Comedy Adventure may be loosely based off of Calling All Mixels.
- Plot points - The Nixels take over a group of Mixels during a Mixfest, leaving behind a small group of Mixels to rescue them.
- Objects - Some items from Calling All Mixels, such as the Nixel Cupcakes and the giant Rainbow Cubits, appear.
- Reused animation from the cutscenes
- Other similarities include the appearance of Rainbow Cubits and the Cloud Ship.
This might make Epic Comedy Adventure the "episode adaption" of the app.
This episode aired on August 31, 2014 directly following the Cartoon Network premiere of Alex Rider: Operation Stormbreaker. It is unknown how many viewers this episode garnered.
- This is the third time a party appeared. ("Murp", "Elevator")
- Hamlogna sandwiches make an appearance again. ("Changing a Lightbulb", "Wrong Colors", "Hamlogna Conveyer Belt Madness")
- The Gobba & Kraw hula dancer Mix appears again. ("Vaudeville Fun")
- Major Nixel says "You miserable Mixels" again. ("Nixel "Mix Over")
- This is the fourth appearance (third in person) of Major Nixel. ("Another Nixel", "Wrong Colors" as a sculpture, "Nixel "Mix Over")
- This is the second time a single Nixel had to catch up with the rest of the swarm. ("Wrong Colors")
- The animation for this scene is directly taken from "Wrong Colors" as well.
- Volectro: This year's festival is crazy!
- Teslo: Yeah, let's eat some... (Noticed that the sandwiches are gone.)
- Volectro and Teslo: Hey! Where’d all the hamlogna sandwiches go?
- Zaptor: I don’t know… (Shifts eyes)
- Volectro and Teslo: Hm…
- Teslo: (Jumps up) EVERY MIXEL…
- Volectro: (Jumps up) …LISTEN UP! It seems that Zaptor here has eaten all the hamlogna sandwiches AND RUINED THE MIXEL FESTIVAL!
- [Cut to the remaining Mixels, who stare at them in shock. Shuff pops up.]
- Shuff: Ooh, harsh!
- Lunk: Duh-huh-huh-huh…duh… (color is zapped, his stare grows blank) duh…duh…duh…
- Major Nixel: (Laughs evilly) I have nixed the Mixel Festival! Thank you to some annoying and forgettable Nixels. This land is "OUR" land!
- Gobba: Can we use the Cubit now?
- Kraw: Not yet, Gobba.
- [Cut to them balancing on the edge of a ledge, all but Flurr looking terrified.]
- Gobba: Should we use the Cubit now?
- Krader: No, no, Gobba!
- [Cut to the top of the mountain. The six pop up and start speaking in awe. They run up to the Rainbow Cubit. Millions of Nixels start jumping up from behind.
- Flain: All right, man, now’s a good time for the Cubit!
- Gobba: The Cubit? Ha-hahah-hah! I used it a long time ago.
- Major Nixel: Doot doot doo…perfect cupcakes!
- [The three Mixes run up to the table.]
- Flain & Gobba Mix: (in Gobba’s voice) Mmm, cupcakes! (eats one) But to be honest, something’s missing!
- Major Nixel: What could be missing from my perfect cupcakes?!
- Flain & Gobba Mix: YOUR FACE! (slams the table into Major Nixel. It slides down, his face is now covered in frosting and licorice bits.)
Click here to view this page's gallery.
Sources and References
Season 2 (Series 4-9)